Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Whoaaaahhh there!

Published: Jun. 3, 2007 at 3:54 PM
I broke my first bow hair today while playing, and it was like getting a tattoo or something. I've broken a few before for other reasons but this one was the result of throwing into Witche's Dance with full newly improved arching though in elementary ways, motion.

It was so cool. I do a double coda back to about a third way through and play around with different bowing techniques. Today, I was exploring applied bow arching and note shaping in an intensified way; and, applying something I read somewhere--I'm thinking here--about using more bow speed for tone production.

So about the third time back to the DC, whala--it snapped; and, I learned to just keep playing. I'm back to where my wrist handles 30-40 minutes well, because of refocusing on posture intently, and I just had all the elements working pretty well together and went into Emil mode! ;).

While I think one of the first pieces of advice I heard was that one never really masters bowing is somewhat true, I used a mirror to help with trying to bring it all together--Mimi Zweig was hangin out too. Anyway, for about 40 minutes in between excellent showers (I am not worthy) in this dry spell, I was hittin a couple extra cylinders.

No comments: