Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Getting Next to My Girl

Published: Jun. 26, 2007 at 4:25 AM
I've decided to get naked beside my violin. After visiting Raphael's website, I decided to take the leap and ditch the shoulder rest. Having a lot of muscularity in my upper body, I've been wanting to do this for some time.

I read the three levels or areas Raphael described, and in earlier experiments, really liked the lightness of feel. I also think this will help me pay better attention to keeping my left (everything) light and relaxed.

My first serious efforts began yesterday, and I read his remarks more this evening about how to accomplish good hold, balance and posture. It also turns out I have the perfect material to create a handkerchief for the chinrest.

I just have this feeling, I'm really going to like my girl without all the makeup.

No comments: