Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Albinoni Revisited

Published: Aug. 15, 2007 at 5:44 PM
Adagio in Gm by Albinoni is awesome. Sitting here listening and learning I have to wonder if there is an unaccompanied solo version anywhere. For other adult beginners I highly recommend this piece for something meaty to chew on.

It was one of the first themes that came unexpectedly to my strings when I first started experimenting with violin some time ago. And now, learning some of the other parts is a 'peak' experience for sure. And most importantly, it is very much achievable--and God awful beautiful, especially when done 'exactly' at tempo.

Last night I was even stretching it out a little more because the place I was practicing had wonderful acoustics and it was filling the room awesomely.

Not only the main notion, but the interconnecting arpeggio like themes are just wonderful for working on musicality. And the white space required to pull it off successfully between phrases is good for one as well I think.

I find that it is also somewhat flexible and forgiving if one pushes it a little--unlike other especially largo type stuff that falls apart when pushed. But, m:52 grabs it distinctly.

Beautiful!

No comments: