Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Somebody put Moonshine in my Cheerios

Published: Jul. 12, 2007 at 5:58 AM
Last modified: Jul. 12, 2007 at 6:12 AM

Listening earlier today to apparently one of the members here, playing Kreisler Preludium, I realized that it is now achievable for me to start moving towards more expressive confidence, at least in small ways. My posture and bowing are balancing some. Wow!.

So tonight, after working on Suzuki III/7 Bouree last night, I was still timid with the chords, then I read a description of gliding through them, seamlessly-- adding a quality I think is likely inferred here. But tonight, I started legatomeistering my chords, and finding a couple extra applications adding a trill on the end, dancing around them in scales and etc. And throwing in to the first few notes of Preludium, wow!.

This posture festival I've been on actually since the beginning, but cohesively for months anyway, is creating one of the biggest leaps in my playing since the beginning. Now when I mindlessly play, as I have since the beginning, the thing is starting to resonate and swell, and diminish, and a light straight bow, albeit legato considered significantly accompany considerably better control. And it is prittaeh now often, using the Henry Fielding pronunciation.

The role of posture in all the above, is direct and substantial, again. Finding the imagery that addressed my problem areas has been long and hard, I think many will agree. And the other day when I further discovered the role of a lazy left wrist in many of those problems, I felt like somebody put moonshine in my cheerios. JEEEZ!. So now I tell myself ten times a day, 'it's not breaking bad habits, it's creating good ones'.;). But, tonight's jammin was worth it.

Now I can see how to improve in other ways too, and that's so cool. But somehow, some things, from some place, are coming together that get me sort of where I think I'd been a few months ago had I not begun injured. Buri, I'm sure you shall never see Alexander as I shall apply it. I earned this aside--and besides that I'm that laid back anyway in reality. Even if in all these things I'm at like an advanced toddler's>>early childhood stage creating a metaphor, I know how to get them???... Yes...

This all has been pretty overwhelming! Burp!. Wow!.

No comments: