Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My Daily Epiphany and General Progress

Published: Jun. 21, 2007 at 3:23 AM
Tonight I had two neat moments. One was when I started feeding better weight into the first measure of Bocherinni based on my recent explorations with arching and arching for note shaping. This led also to better balance and force on the D string notes and better balance across the board. It seems I've waited forever for this song to start 'singing'. But in my defense, I've been working on other stuff along the way.

The other epiphany came when applying the subtle pendulum effect to Wohlfahrt #4--a very nice improvement. Having not looked at it since the break about two months ago now, I also had to sight read to get through it at 126. But the neatest part was that I'm using better forearm dynamics and heard the difference--uh, finally.

The recent break and following basics festival have also left my bowing straighter, stick angled consistently, and Now I'm getting to where I can glide between at least 3 sounding points at will, with my hair remaining flat and subtly--thanks to Laurie's sharing actually...

I've also been trying to make myself just play in 15-20 minute spurts, and this is helping me keep my wrist healthy. This had the added effect of keeping the music crisp and focused also. Now, back to work.

No comments: