Wednesday, December 26, 2007

OCD Thought of the Day.

Published: Aug. 24, 2007 at 7:27 PM
My OCD point for the day is that Ron got my left side heading in the correct direction. Again. The exercises for teaching my elbow to flow under the instrument seem to be working 'very' nicely; and, I created one of my own: "London Bridge is Falling down" starting with f3 on each string, very slowly and monitoring focus.

I will certainly work with the patterned exercises generously shared, but returning to this legato London focus is my way of Hahn'ing it out for some time to come. I took the exercises to some more intense etudes, and lasted longer than I thought I would. And I applied the awareness to more 'real' music fairly successfully.

So, I'm watching my left elbow, I'm watching my right elbow (thanks Oliver), I'm watching my neck and moving lightly from time to time to stay relaxed. I'm watching my bow hair contact, my sounding point, my bow pressure (speed is no problem). I'm watching my right shoulder, oh yeah, and I'm reading the music in between.

I've heard, what doesn't kill ya will make ya better. How true!. Had it not been for pegging the arpeggios I'm working on earlier, I'd yell or somethin!. And I love it.

No comments: