Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Rest: It;s a good thing

Published: May. 4, 2007 at 4:46 AM
The rain that began yesterday is predicted for another day or so. I am thankful, and rainwater is a hundred times better for the gardens, miracle grow excluded. But I'm equally thankful as today for the most part I rested-I mean really rested.

Took me a nap beside an open window, and woke up to do a little cooking and playing cards. Following, I got to check out some music from Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall, answered a few emails and just rested some more.

I looked at Hrimaly--uh, the cover, and decided to rest some more ;). I was up until midnight building next years greenhouse trays, and this lingering cool rain was like glidin outta the hollow in it's ability to express: chill!.

I did jam just a few minutes the past few nights, but so lightly it doesn't count. And I do have a plan of action for the McGlaughlin song, and feel victorious over the problem measures of Sarabande, even if only in sketch mode. And today's chill let me refocus on the big picture, starting my mental list. Included on 'that' list, will be a down-day!.

And today. Today the rains just started and stopped all day. And there was just enough fog in just enough places against the green hills and overcast skies to put one to sleep at leisure. Especially with the cool sixty degree weather, I only harvested asparagus and put out three overgrown tomatoes all day long. This resting stuff: I could learn to like it.

Rest: it's a good thing!.

No comments: