Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Albinoni: Part IV

Published: Aug. 19, 2007 at 11:04 PM
Well, I backed up my hope to move Albinoni up the the next octave for the first concept before the beautiful low range runs leading to the arpeggio a couple nights ago.

It's going to be very pretty several months from now, but I found that it works very well. And the contrast I was hoping for jumped out at me immediately.

After finishing a work cycle, I finally got some decent quality time today, though I play daily and after work. I made it through to page six reading, and up through page four is quickly on it's way to long term memory.

Anyway, I'm tempted to begin it an octave up, and jump back down to the runs mentioned, but will not at least for a long time. The elements following page four must be in place, and have an attached flow of their own that I do not want to mess with--I may however approach it as an aside with the higher octave just to prepare for the long run--it's very beautiful that way, and adds a lot to making it stand on it's own for solo and/or single accompaniment.

So tonight, after reading someone's blog I'm starting to get my quarter year goals in place, of course Albinoni memorization being one of them. They will consist of etudes, scales, arpeggios, etudes, etudes, etudes, and Suzuki.

I also want to reinvoke my earlier element studies I borrowed from violinmasterclass. I have to find a smarter approach though to prevent over use as I go forward though. I'm feeling that while learning Albinoni that my inability to walk and chew bubble gum is trying to express itself in making me lose my focus on posture.

So one of my goals will also be to sense where I'm pushing too much or too fast, and re-connect with Hilary's practice advice molded to my realities. I find that once I start successfully sketching something with good focus and slowness, the following efforts seem to find me finding myself getting sloppy on the parts I've already memorized. I know where the pattern comes from, but am not sure what to do about it.

Today, I started moving back towards good posture with page one through four successfully, and the tone shows--though is not where I need it to be yet.

No comments: