Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Albert Beuler's Day Off

Published: Apr. 27, 2007 at 4:16 AM
Last modified: Apr. 27, 2007 at 4:25 AM

This is the absolutely strangest feeling--no violin other than lightly working on a couple songs, now for three or four days--I think three. I needed a break. My body ached, and Anne had me spending all my time reciting original recipes from memory.

For somewhat over two years, I've never had a break other than like a day every three or four months, and then mostly mini-breaks meaning playing signficantly on those days. My left wrist and thumb joint are thanking me profusely, and in that it's only a break considering I'm finishing the Sarah McGlaughlin song "In the Arms of the Angels", and the Sarabande terrible two(or three last measures), it feels simply good to just focus liesurely on those.

I'm finding how signficant my warm up periods had become, in that when just pickin up my violin and playing it sounds like I'm not connecting with it somewhat. I wonder then, how long others just in general terms have to warm up, if at all?


Still this break thing, it does feel somewhat strange. I think I'll take just a couple/few more days to get my breath and think about the phenomonal number of hours I've put in--somewhere between 2200 and 2800 all told and said.

It's a good time to chill a few for me--I've earned it, my wrist demands it, my saturated brain appreciates it, and the neighbor's dogs brought me captured chipmunks this evening. I thought the barking meant encore!

No comments: