Wednesday, December 26, 2007

In the Raw: Day 5

Published: Jun. 28, 2007 at 7:01 PM
Last modified: Jun. 29, 2007 at 3:13 AM

The only better thing than Ms. Paris Hilton getting out of the slammer yesterday, was my receiving my new strings today! I see us as both being temporary underdogs. She received a celeb slap on the hand, and I received a punch from the Good Lord for letting myself run out of 'A' strings--having to wait 6 days to practice my self proclaimed nekked lady without her makeup (shoulder rest).

Nonetheless, today, having replaced my strings, I faced the dreary darkness of knowing that tonight I'm going to over-do it if I don't get a handle on myself. So while waiting on the humidity to decrease and maybe do a few chores, I read Raphael's site again to review the basics of playing without a shoulder rest.

Not being able to exactly decide where this formed table is he describes, it is critical that I go slowly and get this right. And having cannibalized one chair headrest cover protector (yes it's much shorter now) for some leathery material I will meditate on why blondes should let me cook them supper instead of partying with Hollywood as I prepare for tonight's practice, along with patience.

The sound of new strings is so nice on my instrument, and of course I've played for half an hour in forming the above remonstrances to my lack patience. Lord, it just ain't fair. I want to play this thing!.

Afterthought
Having finished my first formal hour--with all four strings!, I'm loving this--alot. I'm discovering the table above, and the lightness of everything is awesome. I'm not sure how much of this is because I'm focusing much better on zero tension, including gripping or what, but the sound is clearer, brighter, beyond new strings--I've changed them many times.

No comments: