Wednesday, December 26, 2007

When a break's not a break.

Published: May. 2, 2007 at 2:23 AM
Stranger that some days off, is the involuntary muscle twitches indicating healing going on in my south-paw. I'll take it!... It's a really good thing I'm as busy as three people, or I'd be really depressed not playing (sort of not playing), every night.

I transposed the McGlaughin song to a more managable key (a-flat>D), and did the math with the Sarabande to get the troublesome last measures ready. Other than that I 'thought about' getting into the Hrimaly and will proably start that tomorrow, just reading it, seeing what it's all about. I already sampled it and know it's achievable, but have a record of working ahead on things to make things easier. Some would say "he can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time". ;)

I planted lima beans today--the third or fourth attempt at those troublesome legumes this far north, and will have some of the most expensive ones ever--pure potting soil in the row. And I'm happy that I'll end up with an awesome strawberry crop after all I've been through with weather and groundhogs.

Though I've had to do 95% of the work myself this year, our gardens and projects are again kickin butt!. Cleaned out the garage last weekend and organized a work center for gardens there and did some final construction on the garage to make it better today. Now for simple configurations and light organizing.

My early tomatoes in the greenhouse are covered with blooms and about four feet tall. Took them out for some airing today and a couple got tumbled by the wind but were fine. I started four types of non-hybrids gratis a friend from Charleston and they are absolutely beautiful. We are moving most of our crops to non-hybrids

I planted another asparagus row yesterday, and was real thankful to have had the mind to go ahead and just do it instead of putting them in a temporary bed until next year. My buddy Scott would be proud of the furrows I made. Asparagus done correctly is a 'lot' of work--at least once in 15 years. Our asparagus season has been world class so far, and it's just really beginning. So now I get to figure out how to be preserve it in that we only get a healthy amount about every four days so far. Looks like seal-a-meal to me!.

Successes:
persistance
strawberries
corn
potatoes
melons (all kinds)
garlic
vidalias
gardens in general(all other crops)
light projects (started the garage thing last year)

failures:
celery (looks like raw seed in the bed to me at this point).
junked off in one of my work areas--how'd that happen?
didn't get my greenhouse guttering up in time.

No comments: